Benefits of The Mango
One of the biggest benefits of the mango is its ability to boost your immune system. The juices of the mango can also be used to make a skin cream to help cleanse your face. So, it not only helps you on the inside but on the outside as well.
- One cup of mangoes (225 gms contain) contains the following percentages that apply to daily value. 105 calories
- 76 percent vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster) 25 percent vitamin A (antioxidant and vision)
- 11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention)
- 9 percent healthy probiotic fiber 9 percent copper (copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells)
- 7 percent potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4 percent magnesium
Mango Mud Mask
- 1 Mango
- 2 tbs. oatmeal
- 2 tbs. almonds.
- Process your mud base. Pour oatmeal and almonds into a food processor and blend to a fine powder.
- Peel your mango, cut it in half and seed. Reserve one half and put the other in the refrigerator. Cut the half into 4 chunks and add the pieces to the food processor. process for 1 minute.
- Add water in tbs portions untill the proper mud consistincy.
- To use your mask, smooth over skin and let dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Store your leftovers in an air tight container and refrigerate.