One of the biggest benefits of the mango is its ability to boost your immune system. The juices of the mango can also be used to make a skin cream to help cleanse your face. So, it not only helps you on the inside but on the outside as well.
- One cup of mangoes (225 gms contain) contains the following percentages that apply to daily value. 105 calories
- 76 percent vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster) 25 percent vitamin A (antioxidant and vision)
- 11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention)
- 9 percent healthy probiotic fiber 9 percent copper (copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells)
- 7 percent potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4 percent magnesium
Mango Mud Mask
- 1 Mango
- 2 tbs. oatmeal
- 2 tbs. almonds.
- Process your mud base. Pour oatmeal and almonds into a food processor and blend to a fine powder.
- Peel your mango, cut it in half and seed. Reserve one half and put the other in the refrigerator. Cut the half into 4 chunks and add the pieces to the food processor. process for 1 minute.
- Add water in tbs portions untill the proper mud consistincy.
- To use your mask, smooth over skin and let dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Store your leftovers in an air tight container and refrigerate.