If you’ve never heard of turmeric latte, then get ready to be amazed, because your morning coffee is about to be challenged by a decaffeinated latte that works wonders. Quite a few European cities in the past months, and turmeric latte has wormed its way into hip and healthy cafes in cities such as Paris or Amsterdam this year.
"Your drink of choice 2017 "
The wellness-feeling of turmeric lattes derives from its nutritional benefits: it is full of nutrients, antioxidants, and delicious, warming flavors.
Recipe for Golden Latte:
- 2 cups of oat milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey (or coconut syrup if vegan)
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 cardamon pods
- a small pinch of ground or fresh ginger
- a small pinch of pepper
- Add the almond milk to a small pot and heat on low temperature.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon stick, cardamon pods, raw honey or coconut syrup, and pepper and stir frequently for about 3 minutes until the milk is warm, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and take out the cinnamon stick. You can reuse it a couple of time. Strain the milk either through a strainer or small colander.
- Froth the top of the milk for a few seconds with a milk frother.
- Add more raw honey or coconut syrup for taste.