Avocado Deviled Eggs - Day 3
To make 12 avocado deviled eggs, follow the recipe below.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 fully ripened avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon plain low or no-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Chopped chives (optional)
- In a small bowl, place egg yolks; add the avocado and mash until smooth.
- Stir in yogurt, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in jalapeño and onion, then spoon into egg white shells, dividing equally.
- Arrange on a serving plate. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. (Don't serve long after 3 hours as the avocado will start to darken.)
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
Image and recipe courtesy of http://www.thismamacooks.com/2013/03/healthy-st-patricks-day-snacks-avocado-deviled-eggs.html