Treat your skin to a nourishing and refreshing twist to DIY body butters. These easy steps to making your own Mango Body Butter only takes about 30 minutes and you skin will love you for it!
– 1 cup shea butter
– 1/2 cup mango butter
– 1/2 cup almond oil
– mango essential oil (20-25 drops)
– electric mixer or whisk
– glass bowl
– mixing bowl
– storage jar with lid
1. Fill your pot with water so that your glass bowl sits half immersed. Measure out your two butters and place them in glass bowl. Turn your stove on to medium heat and bring the water to a low boil to melt your butters.
2. When the butters are completely melted, carefully remove your glass bowl from the pot of hot water. Stir in the almond oil and 20-25 drops of mango essential oil.
3. Chill the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
4. Once the mixture has cooled, whip it with an electric mixer or whisk until you have a soft and a creamy texture.
5. To store, place in an airtight container and set in a cool place and it should last for about 4-6 months.