Quick Fruit Fixes
We all know fruit is healthy for you. We’ve heard it since we were kids. But with our crazy schedules, we don’t always have the time to eat healthy. Grabbing something quickly is sometimes the only option. So here’s how you can work some quick healthy fruit into your crazy schedule.
- Try stirring in some berries, either fresh or frozen, into yogurt, cereal, or oatmeal. It only takes a few seconds more and is a serving of fruit right at the beginning of the day. You can also try stirring in dried fruit or banana slices.
- Add blueberries or strawberries to your pancakes.
- Drink 100% orange or grapefruit juice.
- Just grab a fruit! If you don’t have time for a full breakfast, grabbing a whole piece of fruit is a quick substitute. Grab an apple, banana, or orange, and eat it on the way.
- Keep fruit handy for a quick snack. Have a bowl of fresh fruit on the counter at home or on your desk.
- Carry dried fruit in your purse or car for those times when you just don’t have time for anything else. ¼ cup of dried fruit is equal to ½ of other fruits. Some fruits that are commonly available dried are apricots, apples, pineapples, bananas, cherries, figs, dates, cranberries, blueberries, prunes, and raisins.
- Pack pre-cut fruit into snack size bags. Keep them in the fridge for easy access.
- Purchase individual containers of fruits such as applesauce, peaches, or pineapple.
- Add fruit to a tossed salad. Try orange sections or grapes.
- A touch of lemon juice on seafood is another way to get a taste of fruit.
- If you’re eating ice cream or frozen yogurt ad ½ of fresh peaches, mangos, or berries to squeeze in another serving of fruit.
- Try baked apples, pears, or a fruit salad.
Images courtesy of zole4 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net