Skinny Gut Salmon Frittata Recipe
Try this protein-packed dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dicedsweet onion
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh steamed corn kernels
- 1 can salmon, drained
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups fresh spinach, raw
- 1/4 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint or basil leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
Preheat the broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
Cook the onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add the corn, salmon, tomato and bell pepper.
Gently stir to combine and continue to cook for about 4 minutes more.
Pour the eggs over the mixture. Cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes more.
Place the skillet in the broiler and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the eggs are light golden brown on top.
Watch carefully. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve on a bed of spinach topped with fanned avocado slices and salsa.
Sprinkle with the fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Top with cheese, if desired.