Here are our favorite small changes you can make in your daily life. For the next 100 days, live by these and you will be a happier person by the end!
1. Stop complaining for the next 100 days. A couple of years back, Will Bowen gave a purple rubber bracelet to each person in his congregation to remind them to stop complaining. “Negative talk produces negative thoughts; negative thoughts produce negative results”, says Bowen. For the next 100 days, whenever you catch yourself complaining about anything, stop yourself.
2. Don’t buy anything that you don’t absolutely need for 100 days. Use any money you save by doing this to do one of the following:
- Pay down your debt, if you have any.
- Put it toward your six month emergency fund.
- Start setting aside money to invest
3. Identify one low-priority activity which you can stop doing for the next 100 days, and devote that time to a high priority task instead
4. For the next 100 days, plan your day the night before.
5. For the next 100 days, eat five servings of vegetables and three servings of fruit every day.
6. For the next 100 days, instead of carbonated drinks, drink water.
7. For the next 100 days, actively look for something positive in your partner every day, and write it down.
8. Create a scrapbook of all the things you and your partner do together during the next 100 days. At the end of the 100 days, give your partner the list you created of positive things you observed about them each day, as well as the scrapbook you created.
9. For the next 100 days, make it a point to associate with people you admire, respect and want to be like.
10. For the next 100 days do one kind deed for someone every day, however small, even if it’s just sending a silent blessing their way.
Information from Lifehack